Information about heating with oil
Heating with Oil
Domestic oil heating will heat your home and provide your hot water. Today’s oil-fired boilers are designed to be efficient and long-lasting and they may be fitted in different situations to suit your home and lifestyle. The result is flexible heating control.
Oil-fired systems can do more than domestic heating – they also suit larger spaces like offices and factories where other energy sources are impractical or expensive. Your system may run on bio-liquids – recycled cooking oil or oil processed from plant sources – instead of fossil fuel.
What makes oil good for heating?
- ‘On demand’ heating and hot water – as much as you want whenever you want.
- Heating with oil is generally cheaper than using electricity, LPG, bottled Propane gas or solid fuel.
- Fuelling the boiler is automatic – no loading the appliance as with solid fuels.
- You can combine oil heating systems with alternative energy sources to reduce heating bills.
- Save money by shopping around for the best oil prices – changing supplier is simple.
- It’s kinder to the environment than some fuels that have higher CO2 emissions.