This section of the website is for anyone wanting to find out more about OFTEC and what it does
About OFTEC's Strategy
OFTEC is the Oil Firing Technical Association. We represent and promote the oil heating and cooking industry in the UK and the Republic of Ireland and establish common technical standards for oil fired heating and cooking appliances and oil storage tanks.
OFTEC’s strategy is to support those involved in the oil fired heating and cooking industry through a number of initiatives that include running and managing:
- A not-for-profit trade association
- A licensed competent persons scheme for oil engineers who install, commission and service oil-fired equipment
- OFTEC Direct, an online/catalogue store for oil technicians
OFTEC’s vision is to be the leading trade association and technician registration body for the liquid fuel heating and cooking sector, and for complementary renewable energy technologies.
We do this by driving innovation in the liquid fuel heating and cooking industry and within complementary technologies, and providing solutions for OFTEC members, registrants and consumers.
OFTEC’s main objectives for 2012 /13 are to:
- Encourage the introduction of bio-liquid heating fuels into the UK and Irish markets and to motivate technicians and members to promote the conversion of boilers to use these fuels
- Persuade the European Commission, UK and Republic of Ireland Governments to stimulate renewable energy use by recognising the potential contribution of liquid fuels
- Increase numbers registered on the competent persons scheme, especially in Ireland
- Increase the number of work notifications lodged through OFTEC with building control
- Improve services to registrants and to members