Who needs to register | OFTEC registration schemes

Who needs to register?

While OFTEC registration is aimed primarily at installers or service and maintenance technicians, it is also available for other roles within the industry.

You should register with OFTEC if you install any of the following:

  • Liquid fuel fired heating or cooking appliances
  • Liquid fuel tanks or other equipment associated with liquid fuel fired appliances
  • Central heating and hot water systems (including unvented hot water)
  • Renewables including: heat pumps, solar thermal or biomass systems (with or without MCS registration as required)
  • Solid fuel burning appliances (log burners, open fires or other room heaters)
  • Solid fuel burning appliances with space heating and hot water heating connected. 
  • Domestic fixed low or extra-low voltage electrical installations – Electrical (Part P)

You should register with OFTEC if you service or commission any of the following:

  • Oil-fired boilers, cookers and associated equipment
  • Solid fuel burning appliances

OFTEC also offers registration for:

  • Oil heating specifiers, consultants, trainers or assessors (non-operative registration).

Several schemes under one roof

  • Add MCS, PAS 2030 or TrustMark to your registration so that you can access government funded installation work. 

Please wait ...